The Illinois Renewable Energy Association’s mission is to be a network for sharing ideas, resources, and information with individuals, businesses, and communities to promote a resilient future through renewable energy, energy efficiency, and earth friendly technology and lifestyles. The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) supports sustainable energy development in Illinois. The IREA provides hands-on opportunities for the Illinois public to learn about the benefits, potentials, and uses of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living for ourselves, our homes and businesses.
1. To help Illinois residents understand the need for and advantages of energy efficiency, renewable energy and earth friendly technology.
2. To create an awareness that existing energy consumption patterns need to be changed to become environmentally sustainable and more earth friendly.
3. To facilitate communication between individuals and groups interested in energy efficiency, renewable energy and earth friendly technology.
4. To provide information which helps people make the best decisions regarding energy efficiency, alternative energy and earth friendly technology for their own lives.
5. To motivate Illinois residents to take positive action to implement energy efficiency, alternative energy and earth friendly technology.
6. To provide information to the public regarding Illinois resources, activities and achievement indices of energy efficiency, renewable energy and earth friendly technology.
Awareness, Recognition, Understanding, Motivation, Information, Communication, Action
The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) is a group of people who are interested in energy, energy efficiency renewable energy and earth friendly technology.
We first came together on Summer Solstice, 1999, to develop plans for an energy fair that focused on the special needs of Illinois residents.
The IREA was formed to assist Illinois residents become aware of the need for renewable energy, facilitating communication between those interested in renewable energy, motivating them to take positive action, and informing them of available resources for taking action.
Public education programs, including an all Illinois Energy Fair, were the means by which IREA would meet its goals. In addition, the IREA offers Saturday workshops on renewable energy and sustainable living.
In May, 2001 the IREA was granted non-profit status from the state of Illinois., and in January, 2003 we were granted our 501(3)(c) status from the federal government.
If you'd like to become a member and help support IREA's efforts, please visit our membership page and fill out our membership form.